R 495 (excl VAT) | 2020
This self-paced two part eLearning course introduces the language of medicine. Building of words and word parts is covered in Part 1 and rules and body organisation is covered in Part 2. Instruction delivery is through powerpoint and video. A certificate will be issued subject to successful completion of an assessment.
- Understand the importance of being able to write, read, and communicate using medical terminology.
- Identify common word roots and combining forms, suffixes, and prefixes.
- Break down medical terms into their component parts and interpret the terms correctly.
- Use the spelling and pronunciation guidelines for medical terms derived from Greek and Latin.
- Apply the rules of changing singular to plural terms.
- Discuss the organization of the body.
- Identify and label the body cavities, directions, planes and regions.
1 CPD point for attendance. 3 CPD points if assessment is completed with 70% pass rate