R 495 (excl VAT) | 2020
This self-paced two part eLearning course introduces the fundamentals of First Aid. The course provides a general introduction to CPR, the AED and choking in Part 1 and Medical, Traumatic and Environmental injuries and intervention measures in Part 2. Instruction delivery is through powerpoint and video. A certificate will be issued subject to successful completion of an assessment.
- Define the chain of survival.
- Understand the basics of first aid such as handwashing, PPE and first aid kit.
- Demonstrate CPR techniques on an adult, child and infant.
- Demonstrate choking rescue techniques in an adult, child and infant.
- Demonstrate AED competency on an adult and child.
- Identify medical illnesses and first aid interventions.
- Identify traumatic injuries and first aid interventions.
- Identify environmental injuries and first aid interventions.
1 CPD point for attendance. 3 CPD points if assessment is completed with 70% pass rate