R 6,490 (excl VAT) | 2020
This 5 day course is designed for social workers, counsellors, EAP practitioners, nurses and psychologists. The course will assist learners to understand the theoretical foundation to HIV, the disease and effective personal management thereof; to appropriately and sensitively counsel people affected by HIV. This is a non-credit bearing short course.
- Understand: HIV Epidemiology progression, stages, opportunistic infections
- Sensitively share with clients: prevention and treatment methods to reduce incidence
- Counsel clients: on the importance of ARV treatment and adherence
- Understand and practice: counselling models TASO and Eagan Skilled Helper
- Demonstrate: effective counselling skills
- Assist clients: to develop disclosure, treatment, adherence plans