R 695 (excl VAT) | 2020
This self-paced, six module eLearning course provides the community with the pre-requisite knowledge and understanding of COVID-19 and scientifically-based guidance of preventative measures to reduce the risk of transmission. A certificate will be issued subject to successful completion of an assessment.
- Understand the taxonomy of viruses.
- Identify viruses associated with respiratory infections.
- Describe the classification of coronaviruses.
- Explain the transmission routes of coronavirus.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of coronavirus infections.
- Describe risk factors associated with COVID-19 outcome.
- Identify preventative measures and personal precautions against infection.
- Apply special preventative measures to Healthcare settings.
- Apply coping strategies to manage stress during COVID-19.
1 CPD point for attendance. 3 CPD points if assessment is completed with 70% pass rate